- Smooth string, thread, or dental floss about 4 foot long
- A small container like a paper cup or small box
- Pencils, straws, or wooden skewers
- Paper clips, ornament hooks, ribbon
- Small ball or something to place in your carrier
- Scissors or hole punch
- Attach one end of your string to something stable like a railing, chair, window, or wall. Attach the other end of the string at least two feet lower to another stable location across the room.
- Use your small container and pencil to create a carrier big enough to hold an action figure or other object.
- Use your paper clip to hang the carrier, with your object inside, to the higher side of the sting. Let go and watch your carrier glide!
- Make changes to your design if it does not work and try again. Try a different type of string or add pennies to make your carrier heavier.
Submit a video of your zipline.